Do these 4 habits with your weights for the next 6 months and you’ll be unrecognizable.
1. Pick a program and stick with it for at least 4-6 weeks.
To get stronger or build muscle it’s imperative to give your body time to adapt. Weekly workout changes won’t help with this.
2. Track what you’re lifting week to week.
Tracking your weights gives you confidence and improves motivation as you aim to add a little weight to the bar or machine each week.
This ensures you are actually resting between sets and using the appropriate weight to get stronger.
3. Aim to add 2-10% to the weight lifted in each exercise each week.
Some exercises will progress very quickly, others will improve slowly.
By constantly adding 2-10% you’ll get stronger by asking the body to change and this is a good range to add.
If you cannot add weight because the jump is too much you can either pause in the middle of the repetition, lift more reps or perform more sets with the same weight.
If you add too much weight too soon you’ll compromise on technique and most likely shorten the range of motion.
Just look at the bench press station every Monday.
4. Include mostly multi-joint exercises in your program.
This encourages the use of more muscles and increases overall strength.
Think squats, pulls, rows, pushes, lunges, etc.
1. Pick a program and stick with it for 4-6 weeks before changing.
2. Track what you're lifting.
3. Add 2-10% to the weight for each exercise each week.
4. Use mostly multi-joint exercises.
What would you add?
Here Are Four Ways I Can Help You Get Fit And Lose Weight And Actually Keep it Off.
1. Here is my youtube channel which has over 100 videos including 55 workouts and other educational videos.
2. I now offer ONLINE 1-1 Personal Coaching.
Train with me from anywhere in the world at any time. I now offer fully bespoke 1-1 personal training via my TRUECOACH online platform.
Check it out here
3. Check out my small group coaching sessions (max 4 people)
Small Group Coaching.
4. 1-1 Personal Training at my Studio in North Sydney.
My top level service. In-depth personalised training programs, nutrition coaching and weekly sessions at my boutique studio in North Sydney.
Check out my Personal Training Options here: