5 Simple Tips To Improve Your Motivation With Your Fitness
1) Work out with a friend – you are much more likely to train if you know someone else will be there.
A workout buddy is hugely helpful to keep you motivated. Make sure you pick the right someone to train with though - someone who will inspire you and not discourage you.
2) Set some fitness goals – they don’t have to be big but it helps to have a reason to be training. Try and make them SMART.
Specific – you goal should be clear and understandable
Measureable – how are you going to know when you get there
Achievable – must be realistic but still challenge you
Relevant – is it relevant to you and your long term goals
Timely – add in a realistic timeframe
3) Think fun and variety – change your workouts around – go for a cycle ride instead of a run, go for a swim, play a new sport. Workouts don't always have to be long and hard and in the Gym - outdoor exercise all helps to get us active and moving
4) Plan time for your workouts – look at your diary and plan in your workouts. Be realistic with other things you have on your plate.
Saying you will get up at 6am each morning and exercise when you know that you have overseas conference calls at 7am twice a week isn't going to work.
Mix it up – maybe one or two early mornings, a lunchtime, an evening – how about weekends to sneak in a 30 min Power walk or run.
5) Track your workouts – tracking your workouts has never been so easy as it is now with the current market flooded with fitness trackers.
But if you don’t have one it’s not the end of the world still track your workouts by writing them down.
It’s great motivation to look back to a similar workout to see how much stronger you are or how much further you have run in the same time.