Struggling to build new healthy habits?
Here’s a simple 4-step process to make any new healthy habit stick.
1. Decide on a goal that you’d like to achieve for your health.
2. Choose a simple action that will get you towards your goal which you can do on a daily basis.
3. Plan when and where you’ll do your chosen action. Be consistent. Choose a time and place that you encounter every day of the week.
4. Every time you encounter that time and place, do the action.
You can also keep a simple daily tick sheet or note on your phone to keep track of the habit.
You can rate how automatic it feels at the end of each week.
The context in which you choose to do the habit is very important.
That’s why it has to be a similar place and time.
This will help to rewire the neurons in your brain to associate that cue (lunchtime) with eating more fruit.
A cue or prompt within an existing daily routine (lunch) provides a great starting point.
Consistent behaviours are key to building new habits.
If you do the habit, give yourself a pat on the back.
When it is a simple task, the habit will become automatic in a quicker timeframe.
1. Choose the health goal.
2. Pick one simple action to get started.
3. Plan when and where you’ll do your action.
4. Do the action at that time and place as often as possible.
Do you have a healthy habit you want to build?
Here Are Four Ways I Can Help You Get Fit And Lose Weight And Actually Keep it Off.
1. Here is my youtube channel which has over 100 videos including 55 workouts and other educational videos.
2. I now offer ONLINE 1-1 Personal Coaching.
Train with me from anywhere in the world at any time. I now offer fully bespoke 1-1 personal training via my TRUECOACH online platform.
Check it out here
3. Check out my small group coaching sessions (max 4 people)
Small Group Coaching.
4. 1-1 Personal Training at my Studio in North Sydney.
My top level service. In-depth personalised training programs, nutrition coaching and weekly sessions at my boutique studio in North Sydney.
Check out my Personal Training Options here: