How to make weight loss feel easier.
I thought I’d put together a simple list of things to make the process of weight loss / fat loss easier.
When I say easier - I mean less stressful and more enjoyable.
Many people think weight loss is a miserable process filled with restriction, deprivation, starvation, and drudgery.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
You can do things to make it feel less restrictive and miserable.
1. Start with a smaller calorie deficit so you don't have to fight the huge surge of hunger hormones when you slash your calories by too much.
2. Prioritise foods that lead to increased feelings of fullness. Foods high in Fibre and Protein are great for this.
3. Pick forms of exercise that are enjoyable for you. There are too many options available to get stuck doing exercise you hate.
4. Aim for 3 balanced meals per day and eliminate mindless snacking in between meals. Grazing constantly means a lack of fullness at meals and usually means taking in mindless calories.
5. Have 1-2 performance or fitness-related goals alongside your weight loss goal. This will help with motivation on the days the scale isn't going your way.
6. Hire a coach or get support. Weight loss is challenging. Having someone who listens to you and supports you when you are struggling is priceless.
Did I miss anything major? What would you add to this list?
Please share the post if you think it will help someone enjoy the weight loss journey a lot more.