What are the best exercises for weight loss?
Some people will do sit-ups until they are blue in the face.
Some people will say it is cardio.
Some people will say weights.
Everyone has their favourite but let's keep it simple and show you the best forms of exercise that you can do for sustainable and results driven weight loss.
1. First and foremost you must find exercises or training that you enjoy doing. Adherence is the no.1 rule for weight loss.
2. A combination of cardiovascular exercise and resistance training has consistently proven to be the best for weight loss.
3. Weight training helps to preserve our lean muscle tissue when we go on to a calorie restricted meal plan. It also moderately increases energy expenditure for a few hours after training. This all adds up.
4. For increased energy expenditure from exercise it is good to combine weight bearing and non weight bearing cardiovascular exercises for best results. For example, jogging (weight bearing), cycling (non weight bearing), boxing (weight bearing), swimming (non weight bearing)
5. Mix up your cardiovascular workouts to incorporate long continuous work, short fast continuous sessions and higher intensity sprint type work.
A Typical Week Of Weight Loss Exercise:
These are just some examples of the best exercises for weight loss.
You can mix and match your routines to suit your schedule. Once you get going you will build momentum and you will find more time to exercise.
Remember, adherence is key. Find the training that motivates you and is fun and this is the best exercise for weight loss.